Kingstanding Regeneration Trust (KRT) will be responsible for empowering local individuals, families, and organisations to develop & support initiatives which bring about social change and improve quality of life in the area. We will actively engage residents in making sense of the issues which affect their lives, setting goals for improvement and responding to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation.
KRT employs a fulltime Community Development Worker who’s responsibilities include:
- Identifying community skills, assets, issues and needs
- Ensuring that local people have their say through organising consultation events, managing the KRT forum and meeting with local residents
- Planning, attending and coordinating meetings and event
- Encouraging participation in activities amongst relevant local residents to maximise impact
- Helping to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community
- Co-ordinating the use of the existing Community Hub for groups
- Developing new services and resources, by different groups and agencies
- Developing strong relationships with other agencies working in the area.
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteer involvement in Kingstanding Regeneration Trust projects.